Pressure Compensated Linear Actuators to 20,000 Feet
- NEMA 17 models (forces up to 100 lbs)
- NEMA 23 models (forces up to 500 lbs)
- Depth ratings up to 20,000 ft
- Temperature ranges from -30°C to 65°C
- MIL-A-8625 Type III (Hardcoat) anodized aluminum enclosures
- 316L stainless steel hardware and shaft
- Galvanic corrosion mitigation with proper isolation, and sacrificial anodes
- Underwater connectors (Seacon, SubConn, Birns)
- Pressure compensated oil filled designs
- Customizable motor types (brushless and stepper motors)
- Optional oil-filled cables designs
Whether it’s working on oil rigs, controlling an ROV at 20,000 feet under the ocean, operating the stabilizing fins on a mine-sweeping sled towed by US Naval helicopters, or simply controlling nozzles for fountain displays; Ultra Motion’s underwater series of actuators provide an unmatched reliability and ease of use in underwater applications.
Ultra Motion’s pressure balanced oil-filled aluminum actuators offer high performance linear motion at depths up to 20,000 feet below seawater. The power density of this subsea actuator is extremely high due to enhanced thermal dissipation in the motor coils caused by fluid motion. The motion of the actuator’s rotor induces a motion in the inert oil surrounding the motor, leading to an increase in the effective thermal mass of the motor and a decrease in thermal resistance between windings and case. When operating underwater, these actuators are exposed to a near infinite thermal reservoir and a much higher convective heat transfer coefficient than air. Ultra Motion’s encased underwater actuator’s thermal design allows the actuator to be overdriven to 2 – 3 times the standard power rating, allowing for high power density underwater linear actuation.
- 115 lbf continuous @ 8 in/s , 250 lbf peak (in air)
- Nema 17 BLDC motor
- Oil filled cabling
- Pressure balanced oil-filled compatible connectors (PBOF)
- Electrical conductivity throughout the entire actuator and sacrificial zinc anodes for corrosion resistance.
- Type 316 Stainless steel and type III hard coat anodized aluminum components